The Steve Gadd Signature snare drum (YSS-1455SG) is a limited-edition release to commemorate the legendary drummer’s 40-year relationship with Yamaha. Only 200 will be sold in the U.S., each with a special black drum key and a certification card to make this a must-have for fans and collectors alike. Gadd worked with Yamaha R&D to produce this special snare. It features a 14” x 5.5” steel shell with aluminum die-cast hoops, both finished in black nickel, and comes with a 10-strand wire to enhance the articulation of this beautiful instrument.
- The 1.2 mm steel shell delivers volume and attack with cutting rimshots, and is plated in black nickel, Steve Gadd’s finish of choice.
- A Steve Gadd-style 10-strand snare wire combined with a deeper 3.5 mm snare bed, produces the signature staccato Steve Gadd tone, while reducing unwanted sympathetic snare buzz.
- The 3.0 mm aluminum die-cast hoops eliminate unwanted overtones while delivering a focused attack, and is plated in black nickel, Steve Gadd’s finish of choice.
- The chrome one-piece lugs are a modern take on a traditional design and ensure optimal sustain.
- The center bead is fixed to the outside instead of the inside of the drum, to produce a more open and articulate sound.
- The snare drum is fitted with a Remo Powerstroke® P3 Coated batter head for a focused tone.
- A limited-edition black nickel drum key and special certification card is included with each snare drum.
- 353/800 in the production run.
Both drums come with an additional Remo Powerstroke P3 drum head signed by Steve Gadd!